We are a professional training and learning services company, committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. In this policy we explain:
- How we collect your data (cookies)
- How we store and secure your data (retention)
- What we do with your data (control and process)
- How you can opt out of our lists (consent)
- Amendments to this privacy notice
- Third-party websites
- Raising a complaint and contacting us
When it comes to collecting your personal data, be assured that we will not sell, share or rent this information to any third-party source for their direct marketing. The type of information that we might collect, store and comes from a variety of sources as follows:
- When you subscribe or purchase our services and/or products and provide us with your name and email address via our website
- When you give us your business card in person, at conferences, trade shows and other events
- When you request more information about one of our consultancy or training services via our website
- When you post a response on our website blog for publication on the internet, including your user name, your profile picture and the content of your posts
- When you communicate with us by email or through our website data capture form
- When you download research White Papers from our website
- When you complete academic research surveys from a link to SurveyGizmo* from our website
- When you choose to send us personal information about another person; however, before you disclose to us their personal information you must obtain that their consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent
This section sets out our data retention practice, which is designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations. By submitting your personal information through this website, and in person at conferences and events, you shall be consenting to us storing, processing and retaining your personal data, however, this shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. Without prejudice, we review all data held annually and delete personal data after a five-year period.
We will keep documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- Only as long as we are required to do so by law if we believe that they may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
- All personal information you provide via our website is secure in line with policies outlined by our website hosting company TSO Host. The company and their servers are based in the UK and, as such, we comply with their terms and conditions of service.
- All personal information that you provide in the form of business cards from events etc.. are uploaded into our CRM system within 48 hours of receipt and the physical copies are shredded. We then write to you to request consent (via our CRM system) so that we may continue to contact you.
We use Capsule CRM for online personal data storage. This online customer relationship management system holds information entered by you via our website. The company and their servers are based in the UK and, as such, we comply with their terms and conditions of service.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee, or be liable, for the security of data sent over the internet from your own personal or work connections or from open and unsecured wifi in public hotspots.
Personal data submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy and includes:
- customising our website to meet your current and future needs
- enable efficient and effective use of the services available on our website
- give you access to online training courses purchased through our website
- send you invoices and payment requests
- send you email notifications and newsletter if you have specifically requested them
- send you information about future products or services which we feel may interest you
- deal with questions, comments and complaints about our website
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud
We use MPZMail – which is an opt-in email marketing system – to distribute our newsletter and other service and product-related communications. The company, and their servers, are based in the UK. As such we comply with their terms and conditions of service and you can exercise your right to be removed from the automated mailing list using the unsubscribe option provided at any time.
Personal information that you submit in response to blog posts on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world, however we cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We will not supply your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing, however we sometimes use associates to provide our services. In such cases, we will ensure that a) they have their own data security systems in place, and b) only give them access to information that is needed for them to complete their assigned tasks. At the end of their contracted work, they will not be permitted to use your data for any promotional or marketing purposes.
When we run webinars with joint venture partners who are promoting their own range of learning products and workshops, we will always make any joint venture links transparent and clear.
You can opt-out of our lists at any time and we provide a clear and visible opt-out link at the end of all our communication. You can also request to see what data we hold about you by contacting us directly on office@jfistore(dot)com
We will review and update this policy every three months and publish a new dated version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of these third-parties.
This website is owned and operated by LearningVoice Ltd trading as JFI. We have a range of JFI learning brands, including JFI Store; JFI Radio; JFI Research; JFI Academy; JFI Café; JFI LearningVillage. We also provide live and recorded vocal services (BusinessVocals) and consultancy services (LearningVoice).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is LearningVoice Ltd. Registered in (England and Wales) under registration number 06262217, registered office is Simpson Wreford LLC, Wellesley House, Royal Arsenal, London. SE18 6SS. Our principal place of business is in the UK, however we operate around the world, as required by clients. To raise a data request or a complaint, contact us using our website contact form, or by email to office@jfistore(dot)com or by telephone on +44 (0)207 193 5292.
May 2018 version 2.0